Your assignment is to write data compression program that will be able to compress given file using the Huffman encoding.
Your program should be a Windows console application name “huffman”. Application should accept three parameters. First parameter, that may have values equal to “-d” or “-c” determines weather the program should compress or decompress the file, second is the name of input file and third – name of the output file:
huffman input_file output_file -d|-c
To compress file data.bin and save it as file compressed_data.bin you should run your program by calling:
huffman -c data.bin compressed_data.bin
To decompress the file and save it as file decompressed_data.bin you should run your program by calling:
huffman -d compressed_data.bin decompressed_data.bin
- Send your solution to address: maciej.kraszewski[at]apsl.edu.pl.
- E-mail should have the title in the following form: “<your name> methods of programming assignment 4”.
- Send source code only (e.g. do not send Visual Studio project files).
- Solution sent before 09.05.2020: extra 50% points.
- Deadline: 22.05.2020 (no points will be given for solutions sent after this date).